Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Beautiful Weave of Ear

I fear I may have inadequately described the first dish we enjoyed at the Head to Tail dinner at Incanto on Monday as simply "pigs' ears". Not wanting to mislead anyone, I thought I should advise that it appears the dish may in fact be similar to the "Pressed Pig's Ear" dish attributed in this recipe to Fergus Henderson - sort of the Chris Consentino of London.

I particularly like his poetic description of the "thin slivers of joyous piggy jelly, within which there is a beautiful weave of ear" as well as the instructions relating to the use of the Bic razor (perhaps implying that you may not want to us an implement that you plan to use later on some part of your body?).

I fear there may be little chance of being permitted to try to replicate this dish at home, given in part the three days of brining required in the fridge!

No comments: